Test Tube Babies
Test tube baby is one of greatest procedure invented in the field of science that has brought a hope to numerous people suffering from certain problems that affects their ability to have child.
This method is followed in couples, where the female partner has one or both the fallopian tubes blocked, or in cases where the female partner has severe endometriosis. This is also followed if the male partner’s motility, count and shape of sperms are not normal. These are criteria that affect the normal fertilization process in a natural way. In the process of creating test tube babies the egg is taken from the female partner in the guidance of sonography and sperm is obtained from male partner by masturbation. This is allowed to fertilize in a nutrition rich medium. And then they are placed in an incubator till 72 hours.
The success rate has steadily increased for this method
Here are some pros and cons of this methodology.
• It is proven that baby’s born in this method have no health issues compared to other methods.
• While fertilization is a process obtained naturally, the challenge is in the implantation process of the fertilized egg.
• This method is highly recommended if the problem is with the fallopian tube that affects the fertilization.
• If the sperm count is too low then donor sperm can be used.
• This is very expensive and can range from 30,000 Rs/- to 75,000 Rs/- or even more depending on the medication and procedure.
• The time taken is also high can go up to several months in just planning.
• Implantation process is very critical.
• Certain drugs that are given to stimulate egg production can lead to OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome).
• There is a high risk if multiple embryos attaching to uterus.
• Ectopic pregnancy a severe condition, where the embryo implants itself either in the fallopian tube or in the uterine cavity is seen associated with this method.