Lactation or breastfeeding is a very special moment in once life. This is essential for your baby growth requirements.
Listed are here few tips related to breastfeeding:
• Breastfeeding your baby starts within 1 hour of delivery.
• The yellowish milk, colostrum which is produced in first three days of delivery is highly rich source of energy. This is very much necessary for the child.
• For the first 4-6 months of baby’s life, it will need only breast milk as it provides all the nutrition along with immunity to it.
• It is said that a baby only having breast milk with no additional water and urinating a minimum of 6 times in 24 hours is getting enough breast milk.
• Frequent watery motions are no problem as long as the baby is active and urinating adequately.
• Allow baby to breastfeed at frequent intervals and as long as it wants. This will alleviate breast engorgement and breast infection.
• Allowing baby to suck the milk for long time helps it to get foremilk that is rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and proteins and also hind milk that is rich in fat and calories.
• If the baby does not accept bottle-feeding or artificial feeding try to avoid it.
• Do not consume alcohol during breast feeding months.
• Know that the size and shape of your breast has nothing to do with the amount of milk produced.
• The more the baby suckles the breast, the more is the production on milk.
• If the baby is latching properly then there might still be pain for 30 – 60 sec and not more than that. If pain continues then reposition your baby for proper latching. If it continues still, then consult the doctor.