Preparing For Pregnancy
Deciding to have a baby is one of the most important decisions made between the two partners. Both of the partners should ensure that they are in the best of health and are aware of any potential hazards or hereditary factors that could affect their health and that of the baby. A well planned pregnancy is likely to be a more enjoyable experience if only because sufficient care and thought have gone into it.
Tips for pregnancy preparation:
• Start planning at least 3 months before trying to conceive.
• Both of the partners should get a thorough check up to catch any medical problems that can be corrected beforehand.
• If any of the partner have any health issues like diabetes, asthma, heart disease or any other chronic illness they should get their medical condition under control.
• Pre pregnancy is a precious time, will lay the foundations of a healthy pregnancy and baby.
• Try to maintain a normal weight during the pregnancy plan as under weight and over weight could affect the health.
• Be diet conscious when you plan for pregnancy, avoid pre-packaged stuff, junk food and add more fresh and nutritious products like milk and milk products, which nourish the baby too.
• Stress is a major obstacle to both conception and a healthy pregnancy so take a good look at your work schedule.
• You would also need to plan how you are going to work after the birth of the baby.
• Get a dental check up will ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy during pregnancy and also help avoid the need for any x-rays while you are pregnant.
• Keep track of your ovulation period and also try to note when you ovulate to identify the fertile days.
• For irregular ovulation the notable thing is about basal body temperature. It reaches its low point of the month then abruptly rises and also vaginal mucus becomes clear, jelly like and can be pulled into strings.