18 Months Infant Milestones
A 18 months old infant shows the following developments:
• Walk well and can carry a toy while walking.
• Jump with feet together.
• Bend to pick things up from the floor.
• Walk backwards.
• Climb into an adult chair and then turn and sit.
• Have stopped casting.
Fine Motor / Vision Development
• Throw a ball.
• Build a 3 brick tower using 1 inch cube wooden bricks.
• Hold a crayon in her fist.
• Dump a raisin from a jar - so she knows how to get something that is not easily accessible.
• Copy a line.
Speech and Language Development
• Name one body part.
• Identify one picture if asked to do so.
Personal / Social Development
• Feed with a spoon without making too much of a mess.
• Use symbolic play - so will brush a doll's hair.
• Find a completely hidden toy - so is aware of the permanence of objects.
• Indicate toilet needs.
• Alternate between clinging and resistance.