Emotional Status During Pregnancy
All pregnant women have to undergo emotional ups and downs. During pregnancy physical and emotional changes are seen. This is due to the hormonal changes that a pregnant woman experiences a roller-coaster ride of emotions.
Fears during pregnancy include:
• Fears about childbirth
• Risk of miscarriage
• Safety of baby
• Concern for health of baby
• Personal health status
• Labor pain
• Fear if physical changes will make her partner reject her
• Stress, tension
• Mood swings
Emotions are triggered by:
• Swinging hormonal levels.
• Changes in appearance.
• Stressful pace of life.
• Health complications during pregnancy period.
• Relationship problem with partner.
• Fear of previous miscarriage.
Health tips to manage emotions:
• Start with making a nursery for your child. Add beautiful items that can cheer you up in your bedroom.Many will crave for some food items occasionally; just make sure you have number of small meals.
• Drink plenty of fluids.
• Lie down with extra pillow in a comfortable posture.
• Take morning or evening walks to feel fresh air and greeneries. This can lighten your mood.
• Know that child birth is a very much natural common phenomenon. You are not the first to do it nor will you be the last so take it as it comes. Consult your physician. Speak to your mother or friends and get to know about their experience on this.
• If you have any uncomfortable or disturbing feeling speak to your partner about it, for further opinion you can approach your physician.