Care And Precautions After Caseren
About 20 % of deliveries in U.S. are Cesarean. All mothers need to know details on the process of recovery. Here are few tips on recovering from a Cesarean section.
1. You are likely to have aching in abdomen. Now you need rest and care. You are a new mom. Taking care of baby is essential but try to take help of someone in this process. Prevent pulling stitches. C-section is a surgery, so you may experience pain especially after the anesthesia action is off.
2. You may probably need medication after surgery. In such cases ask your doctor if you can still feed your baby. In some cases you may be asked to rely on formula at least until medicine has come out of your system. Few medications have its effect on milk.
3. Walking is good and will help prevent formation of clots. Start slowly don’t drag yourself increase the time you spend walking slowly as per your need. Understand that there is no standard timing for this.
4. While holding your baby use your arm muscles and not your abdominal muscles, if not this will increase the stress in abdominal muscles that need to take time to recover.
5. Women delivering through c-section are known to lose twice blood than a women delivering vaginally. So this may make you anemic. Talk to your doctor about it.
6. It is advisable to take at least an 18month break after your c-section delivery and next pregnancy. This time will help to reduce the risk of complications. But women who get pregnant sooner can just do fine. But yes it is better to give your body rest as this will also help you to get closer to your child.
7. Usually a balanced diet is suggested to help in the healing process.
8. It is recommended not to have sex until 8 weeks of delivery.
9. While sleeping, try lying on side ways and place a pillow for support. While lying on your back place a pillow under your thighs. This will reduce discomfort.
10. Support your tummy while you laugh or cough. This will decrease the pain that can be caused.