Introducing Solid Foods
Solid foods can be given to babies when they are few weeks old, these food will help them to sleep through the night without any disturbances, cereal in a bottle at 6 weeks is no way to start solids.Between the ages of 4 and 6 months, most babies are developmentally ready to get their first taste of solid foods. At this point, they lose the extrusion reflex that is beneficial for sucking a breast or bottle but can shove a spoonful of baby cereal right back out.
Here are some signs that to understand that a baby is ready for solid food-
• Baby can sit up with support and can hold her head and neck up well.
• Her birth weight has doubled.
• She’s interested in what you’re eating and may even try to grab food from your plate.
• She can keep food in her mouth rather than letting it dribble out.
• She shows signs of being hungry for more than she’s getting by clamoring for more when her bottle is empty or wanting to nurse more often.