Baby Cry And Comfort
Crying is the first method of communication by the baby. After 6 months baby produces different variety of cry to denote various needs of it. The reasons for baby cry can be hunger, diaper change, not feeling well, fear, loneliness, to attract your attention to her etc...
Following are some of the methods to comfort a crying baby:
1. Being hunger is the first most common reason of cry. Feeding your baby can calm her.
2. Put him/her in your lap and slowly rock to and fro, this will certainly make the baby happy.
3. If the baby is feeling too hot or too cold, he/she may tend to cry. Check for the cloth wrapping the baby; make sure he/she is not uncomfortable in that.
4. When the baby feels the mother’s heart rhythm, most of them calm down and feel protected. For this keep your baby near your chest.
5. Diaper change may be one reason he is crying. For every 5 hours ensure if the diaper needs to be changed.
6. Allow them to play with their favorite toy. But make sure they do not put it in mouth or worse swallow it.
7. Sing a lullaby. This seems to comfort the baby more.
8. Baby’s love to take bath, keep your baby in a tub with one inch water in it and allow him to play on it.
9. Hold her close to you and gently pat her back. This is found to be comforting for many babies.
10. Check for any rashes or redness in the baby. If there are any remove the reason for the rashes immediately and consult your doctor.