Sex During Pregnancy
Sex during pregnancy is usually safe, as long as some guidelines are followed:
1. Having sex with woman on a top position or in a side-lying position is more convenient during pregnancy from a women’s point of view.
2. While penetrating deep inside check for the comfort of the mother.
3. Water or air (or any foreign objects) in the vagina should not be part of any sex play during pregnancy. Avoid douching.
4. When a woman says “stop”, stop.
5. If a woman has labor or orgasms avoid intercourse unless it is specifically said to be safe by your gynecologist.
6. Intercourse should be avoided if the amniotic fluid is leaking, has ruptured, or if there is a suspicion that it may be leaking.
7. As term approaches, start to discuss postpartum contraception.
8. During pregnancy fatigue is highly seen in women so it is best to avoid anything that can increase this.