Having sibling at home make your home complete. It would not be easy for the elder one to understand your new responsibility so it is unwise to expect him/her to change and take responsibility instantly. Here are few tips on parenting siblings.
1. Don’t compare your sibling in terms of their study or manner or their extracurricular activities.
2. Small fights and squabbles are common between siblings. You cannot restrict them from these entirely.
3. You may want the older one to take more responsibilities. But remember to sit and speak to the older child about this.
4. Make sure that the younger one does not keep taking things from the older one. Each should have their own belongings.
5. Try to fair in making judgments, always taking any ones side is not correct.
6. Try and give a time for all the siblings.
7. Remember you cannot be a referee in all the squabbles between the siblings. Allow them to take care of this as long as the situation is not out of control.
8. Juts because the older one learns something, you need not engage the younger ones for the same. Each of them has different likes and dislikes.
9. Remember not to blame your older child blindly.
10. Your older on is also a kid, so think twice before you give him/her the responsibility of taking care of the younger one.