9 Months Baby Development Milestones
A 9 month old baby will show the following normal developmental milestones:
• Sit well and be able to lean forward to pick up a toy.
• Get to the sitting position from the floor.
• Stand holding on.
Fine Motor / Vision Development
• Be able to bang 2 cubes together
• Start using an index finger to thumb approach to objects rather than the raking grasp used up to this time
• Resist toy pull.
Speech and Language Development
• Say "Dada", "Mama" and "Baba" but will not use these specifically.
• Respond to his own name.
Personal / Social Development
• Hold and chew a biscuit.
• Grab a spoon.
• Look for fallen toys - now has object permanence.