12 Months Baby Development Milestones
A 12 months old normal baby shows the following developmental milestones:
• Walk alone.
• Cast - objects are "cast" from the hand.
Fine Motor / Vision Development
• Use a neat pincer grip - so he will be able to pick small objects up between index finger and thumb.
• Release objects when taken from him - before this he is likely to hold ferociously.
Speech and Language Development
• Use 2 to 3 words specifically.
• Understand familiar names.
Personal / Social Development
• Indicate his needs.
• Take off his shoes.
• Drink from a feeding cup.
• Understand simple commands.